About Dr. Aleksandra Mihajlovic, DTCM, L.Ac.,
I used to hear the expression that “children are your greatest teachers” and expected to see a young Buddha tell me life-altering truths. Once I was a mother, I realized that your children put you on a path to seek knowledge out of desire to prevent their suffering. It was my quest as a mom to have wider non-drug/surgical health options that led me on the path to study Chinese Medicine.
I love showing up in my clinic every day and making a difference in my patient’s lives.
Being a doctor is not a profession for me, but a calling of a lifelong passion for learning and helping people lead better, happier lives.
- Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine (DTCM)
- Master of Science in Toxicology & Pharmaceutical Sciences (M.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology & Physiology (B.Sc.)
- Licensed Acupuncturist in the state of NJ & NY (L.Ac.)
- Nationally certified as a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine (Dipl. OM), (NCCAOM)
- Certified GAPS™ Practitioner
- Over 10+ years of clinical experience
Native of Belgrade, Serbia, I received a B.Sc from the University of Belgrade and M.Sc. from the University of Toronto. After a career in the medical device industry, I have gone back to school and graduated from the Eastern School of Acupuncture & Traditional Medicine, NJ with Acupuncture and Chinese Herbology degree. Apart from Chinese Medicine, over the years I have studied various Nutritional theories and therapies, Functional Medicine, Homeopathy, Western and Chinese Herbal Medicine, Essential Oils, Qi Gong and Tai Ji. I have been practicing various forms of yoga for over two decades and like to stay active incorporating many types of functional training.